The official blog of Stephen Houltham

Thursday, November 26, 2009

Sometimes you have nothing to write about it.

Yes, I'm pulling that Editiors Note trick when you have nothing to write about. You write about writing you not having the ability to write something in this place.

Whenever I read Editors columns or notes I thought that writing a column about writing was a complete cop-out. While it is still invariably a cop-out, those people have my sympathies. It's not like I don't have subjects and stuff to talk about it I just can't possibly think of anything to write about.

Writer's block is my main enemy. I have some excellent ideas for stories/books/novels but the closest I get to writing something decent is one chapter, then stuff just starts fizzing out on me. Hmm...

I do have some ideas to write about, its just expanding on those ideas. Here's some ideas I want to run past you lot;

I'm seriously considering for the fun of it, gradually posting in chapters of my fiction story that runs through my head. I'd love to know what you think of them.

Plus If you have a social policy issue that you want me to investigate for you, I'll do that.

While this blog entry doesn't seem it, i would it love it for more people to read what I have to say, call it my egotistical trait, so feel free to spread the word.

Sorry about the dullness. Bye now.


1 comment:

Adam said...

You should totally post your novel chapters. And I'm on the same page with writers block - I haven't updated my blog for a couple of months now I think. Bad Adam!

PS. I watched Julie and Julia after your reccomendation, I thought it was OK, not really my cup of tea. 2012, on the other hand, a great movie (if you don't expect too much)!